ev

Evolution Slimming Ltd

Monday 21 April 2014

Juice diet made me gassy


Dear Donovan
I have tried several weight loss programmes, which help at first, but since I tend not to be persistent, I can only blame myself. However, I noticed that the side effect of the last one was not pleasant. It causes you to pass a lot of gas. Even when you least expect, it is as if you are set on rapid. This can be very embarrassing, as you have no control over it. I had to stop the diet, which resulted in me putting back on the weight I had lost. Even so, I am still facing the frequent passing of gas. The diet I am referring to is the juice diet.
If you are serious about losing weight, you will have to start a personalised weight lost programme and stick to your programme over time. At first, I suggest you take a detailed look at why you need to lose weight. Is it your health, is it your looks, or is it that your clothes are not fitting you nicely? A weight loss programme is usually more effective when you have valid reasons to do it, otherwise it is easier to give up at the slightest signs of discomfort.
In succeeding at losing weight, your mind must be made up and your persistence must be of steel. A weak and unresolved mind usually does not achieve success at anything.
That aside, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with your last diet. Flatulence can be a really annoying and painful experience. It mainly stems from the diet, because gas is a normal result of food breaking down in the digestive system. Some foods produce more gas because they are not entirely broken down in the system by our digestive juices. Usually bacteria ferments the undigested carbohydrates and gas is released in the process, therefore a diet high in carbohydrates and sugar and starches can produce a lot of gas. The bowels backing up can also produce regular amounts of gas and more so when you start a detox diet, for example, a juice diet.
However, juicing can be a perfect way to remove toxins/waste. Incorporating peppermint and ginger teas as well as papaya in your juice diet can significantly help with the flatulence in the initial stage. With time, given the fact that your body is being cleaned and with the combination of the food in your diet, the gassiness usually goes and so will the weight.
At this stage, I would suggest that you do the juice diet only one to two days per week initially, and the rest of the days you can try and cut back your carbohydrate intake and eat more fruits and vegetables. In addition, I also suggest you increase your activity/exercise. This will help to reduce your calorie intake and result in weight loss.
In a nutshell, the only sustainable way to achieve weight loss is by maintaining a healthy lifestyle programme and being involved in a proper diet and exercise regime.
I would suggest that you now make all the effort to lose the extra weight this time. Being overweight can affect many aspects of your life, for example, your health and your self-confidence. So get working at your weight loss programme. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment