ev

Evolution Slimming Ltd

Friday 29 August 2014

Scott Marcus: Getting real about snacking

I am a "one-unit" eater, consuming one of whatever I eat. Should that "one unit" be an appropriate size, such as one apple or one individually wrapped treat, I will be content. Conversely, should the "one unit" be abundantly excessive; i.e. a "family size" bag of tortilla chips or a wheelbarrow-dimensioned bucket of peanut butter, alas, when will falters, I will still consume one (rather enlarged) unit and waddle from the table. Therefore, I surround myself with pre-measured small portions.
I am not unique. As empirical evidence, I do not notice Olestra products on store shelves anymore. Why? Because, IMHO, their marketing department missed the boat. OK, to be honest, I cannot deny that some of the less pleasant repercussions of consuming Olestra might have come to play also. (Should you not remember, Olestra is a substitute for fat that doesn't dissolve completely upon consumption, causing one to absorb fewer calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment