ev

Evolution Slimming Ltd

Friday 17 January 2014

Ask Amy: Food issues create gastric discomfort

110613-mug-amy-dickinson.jpg



9 hours ago  •  
DEAR AMY: My mother is only slightly overweight and otherwise in good health. She has struggled with losing anywhere from 10 to 30 pounds for as long as I can remember.
Her best success has been with Weight Watchers, and with daily walks. My mom opens up to me about her extreme frustration with her failure to lose weight. I cheer her on and try to be positive and supportive if she brings it up. Otherwise I keep my opinions to myself.
It can be difficult to be with her when she eats. She and I have very different opinions of what a "healthy meal" means. I am sensitive to the awful dynamic of a grown daughter lecturing her mother on "proper nutrition."
I was one of those "know it all" teenagers (is there another kind?) who came of age in the "fat free" '90s. There are still family jokes about my crazy diet. (Suffice it to say I have left those ideas in my past!)

No comments:

Post a Comment