ev

Evolution Slimming Ltd

Saturday 18 January 2014

Study aims to help overweight African-American teen girls


NEW ORLEANS - Teens girls of all shapes and sizes have a chance to join a free health program that could help them lose weight and learn good habits for a lifetime.
Tja'h Edwards, 13, is proud of herself. In the last nine weeks she's lost 17 pounds.
"I feel good. I just think I feel like, I don't feel sluggish anymore. I feel lighter," said Tja'h Edwards, a Trim Teens participant who is an eighth grader at Academy of Our Lady in Marrero.
She's losing weight while also helping advance medical science. Tja'h is part of an NIH study at LSU Health Sciences Center where African-American teen girls 13 to 19-years-old are going through a medically supervised program of nutrition, behavior and exercise counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment